This Plastic Water Bottle Design – What’s the Best Shape? lesson plan also includes:
Join the fight to reduce plastic waste. A hands-on STEM activity first teaches scholars about the scourge of plastic waste. They then measure the dimensions of water bottles to calculate surface areas and volumes before using the surface area-to-volume ratio to design the most cost-effective plastic water bottle.
- Team up with a math teacher for the lesson
- Part of the SLED Design series
- Requires a variety of materials, including a set of plastic bottles of different sizes
- Learners should be able to create graphs
- Lists vocabulary terms and their definitions
- Includes link to a video on plastic garbage