This Plant Cell Crime Scene lesson plan also includes:
Use science to solve the mystery of the Poplar murder. Pupils use forensic botany to determine if a suspect could be the killer. By analyzing images from a Transmission Electron Microscope, learners determine if the material found on the suspect's shoe is plant or animal material. They focus on the scale of the organelles to help make their conclusions.
- Prior to the activity, have your classes draw an example of a plant and animal cell with all corresponding parts
- Highlight key vocabulary through note cards or a graphic organizer
- If providing pupils copies of the images, you will need access to a color copier or printer
- Includes all necessary materials for the investigation
- Provides suggestions for differentiation and extension