After training, pigeons can recognize correctly spelled words among misspelled words. In addition, they can use number sense to count, memorize thousands of pictures, and use navigational aids humans don't understand. As part of a larger biology playlist, the interesting video shares some unbelievable stats about these animals.
- Learn more about the intelligence of pigeons and relate them to other animals we consider intelligent
- Debate if pigeons are good or bad in urban environments
- Relies on prior knowledge of pigeons, which some in rural areas might not be as familiar with
- Includes subtitles in English and Polish for ELLs
- Provides information on articles and even a television series about pigeons
- Requires very little class time