This Phonics: Letter-Sound Correspondence, Letter-Sound Bingo activity also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Young scholars build a strong understanding of medial sounds, vowels, and letter sound correspondence while playing Bingo. Taking turns, peers choose a card and say its name and medial sound; all players look for the vowel on their card. The first participant to call "Bingo!" wins.
- Play the game in an ELA center rotation with a small group
- Send home a packet filled with game supplies for families to play together, then return at the end of the week
- Preparation includes making copies and preparing cards; lamination is optional but recommended
- Pupils should be familiar with the game of Bingo
- Includes Bingo cards and picture cards