This Personal Roadmap lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Sometimes you need a map to get to your destination. High schoolers list 10 short and long terms goals and personal assets they have that will help them achieve these goals. They then craft a paragraph in which they reflect on how these assets will help them achieve their goals. To end the lesson, class members discuss the importance of goal setting and the assets that will help them on their journey.
- Repeat the lesson throughout the high school years
- Requires copies, one per participant, of the "Personal Roadmap"
- It would be helpful, but not essential, if class members have access to devices with a word processing program
- Repeating the lesson permits scholars to revise their maps as they mature