This People and Places assessment also includes:
Graph growth in the US. Given population and area data for the United States for a period of 200 years, class members create graphs to interpret the growth over time. Graphs include population, area, population density, and population growth rates as functions of time. Pupils identify any dramatic features of the graphs and what might account for them.
- Ask scholars to to create a historical timeline of major events in US history
- Individuals should know how to create time graphs
- Expects students have the ability to calculate rates of change
- Includes the data as a worksheet
- Contains a solution document that shows the graphs