This Pedestrian Countdown activity & project also includes:
You won't find yourself racing the clock on such a great task. Scholars use video information to predict the time left on a crosswalk signal after a pedestrian crosses. The video shows the time left on the counter, and individuals must determine the speed of the walker and distance left to walk from the video presentation.
- Have pupils determine their own walking rates to use in the task
- Assign the sequel task to more advanced learners
- Expects a solid understanding of ratios and proportions
- Encourages higher order thinking skills
- Presents the solution to the task