This Paddle Power activity & project also includes:
Potentially get all the way across the water. The fourth of five design challenges asks pupils to develop a plan for a paddle-powered boat that will store its energy. Given a limited number of supplies, the class members design, build, and test their boats.
- Brainstorm other ways rubber bands transform energy
- Research paddle boats and hull designs
- Requires a large container with water
- Provides timing for different segments of the activity
- Contains a video link to use as motivation