This Oral History Project activity & project also includes:
Get up-close-and-personal with history using guidance for an oral history project. An engaging resource takes pupils through brainstorming through feedback for a project to interview and collect oral histories from members of their communities. Additional teacher materials connect project to anti-bias education ideas.
- Adapt oral history project to content students are learning in history or social studies classes
- Team up with another class or grade level to expand the scope of the project
- Learners may need to interview people off school grounds, so check school and district policies
- Resource allows for scaffolding and differentiation, including for English learners
- Project includes all necessary rubrics and ideas for feedback, making it easy to use