This Online Safety Roadshow Activity activity also includes:
What does it mean to have digital citizenship? A set of lessons teach middle schoolers how to be safe and productive online. From sharing posts to creating secure passwords, learners discuss the importance of remaining diligent—and positive—on the Internet.
- Use in a computer lab at the beginning of the year to emphasize the necessity of digital citizenship, both at school and at home
- Have class members complete the activities with parents to keep everyone on the same page regarding online safety
- Contains five lessons, each of which is aligned to a video from Google's series on digital citizenship
- Videos require Internet access
- Teacher pages have a yellow background and student materials are white, making it easy to find the necessary worksheets to print, copy, and distribute
- Opens up a dialogue about online habits that most learners likely share but don't often discuss