This One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, New Fish - De-Natured video also includes:
Sometimes it seems like high-level journal articles speak a different language. The third video in the five-part series on Evolution and Speciation breaks down one recent article from a science journal. It explains what the researchers did, their conclusions, why the result is a big deal, and where scientists go from here. It also highlights questions related to the research methods as well as concerns with the media response to the study.
- Print out the article and discuss in more detail
- Debate possible causes for the intriguing results the video and article discuss
- Relies on prior knowledge of speciation and latitude
- Connects a textbook topic to current scientific research
- Provides subtitles for ease of note taking