In October 2000 the USS Cole was attacked. Academics learn about the history of the USS Cole, and the events that occurred on the day of the bombing. Video clips also show President Clinton's response and how procedures were enacted to prevent future tragedies.
- Compare the USS Cole bombing to other acts of terrorism
- Guide a group discussion on the impact the bombing had on tensions in the Middle East
- The resource requires a free C-SPAN Classroom account to gain access; teachers may also use the following login credentials: Username:
students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Features a firsthand account from the commander in charge of the USS Cole
- Video is applicable to multiple social studies topics