When looking at educational policy, many politicians forget to consult experts—scholars! Video clips demonstrate the debate over educational policy. After watching the views of education secretaries and politicians, pupils decide how to make their voices heard on educational policy and achievement.
- Ask learners to write their Congress representatives about concerns in their school districts after viewing and discussing the clips
- Create a chart about trends in educational policy based on clips and other resources
- Teachers must create a free C-SPAN account or use the credentials: Username: students, and password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clips profile an issue important to class members
- Videos are short and easy to incorporate into a variety of instruction
- Some clips are about detailed policy and may be difficult to follow