What led to the end of Prohibition? In a word: money. To use the words of one historian: the government was desperate for tax revenue in the midst of the Depression. With a series of curated videos, scholars examine the causes of and the end of Prohibition. After viewing the clips, they ponder the lessons of the Prohibition era and the Twenty-first Amendment, which repealed it.
- Use segments to help learners build a timeline of events leading up to the Eighteenth and Twenty-first Amendments
- Create a free account to access the videos or use the following credentials: username - students, password - C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Resource includes four short videos and links to additional clips
- Segments examine the issue of Prohibition from several unique angles
- Video clips are short and easy to integrate into a variety of lesson plans