The Berlin Wall divided a city.. Using clips of discussions between historians, segments from contemporary films, interviews with political operatives, and speeches, learners consider what it was like to look over a wall and behind the Iron Curtain. Once finished, they consider the lessons of the wall in today's political discourse.
- Create comprehension questions to discuss each segment
- Requires a free C-SPAN account to view the five video segments; use username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Links in resources include related videos
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clips are short and easy to integrate into instruction
- Vintage footage is gripping and intriguing