Just how did loyal British citizens decide they would vandalize a shipment of tea coming into Boston Harbor in 1773? Using video clips that show the re-enactment of a debate about the Boston Tea Party and experts analyzing its historical context, learners consider how the British could raise revenue to pay its war debts while balancing the demand of colonists. Using a third video, scholars decide what effect the Boston Tea Party continues to have on American politics.
- Create a debate among pupils on the legitimacy of the Boston Tea Party
- Have class members research political rhetoric that relies on the Boston Tea Party to discuss its current influences
- Expects teachers to create a free account, or they can use Username: students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM to log in
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video of the re-enactment engages the historical imagination
- Resource provides multiple views of an historical event