This Ocean Waves interactive also includes:
Surf's up! What causes the constant motion of Earth's oceans? Scholars discover the origins and types of waves in part nine of a 13-installment series. The resource illustrates wave behavior, their destructive power, and current research into wave-driven energy production.
- Provide additional examples of tsunami early warning systems to accompany those discussed in the resource
- Take a closer look at the tectonic events associated with the massive tsunami that occurred in 2004 by showing a video to the class
- Some basic prior knowledge of the parts of a wave is helpful for using the interactive
- Arrange for computer time for the class to complete the activities
- The content is well-rounded and shows the results of waves driven by different events, as well as of deep-water and shallow-water waves
- Preparing for the lesson is easy, thanks to the printable materials included