This Observing Osmosis, Plasmolysis, and Turgor in Plant Cells lesson plan also includes:
Create the perfect conditions for osmosis. Young scholars use a microscope to observe plant cells exposed to distilled water or sodium chloride. They observe how osmosis creates turgid or plasmolyzed cells.
13 Views 6 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Have each lab group use a different concentration of sodium chloride; graph results for comparison
- Create a lab document for groups to follow during through the experiment
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for set up
- Includes teaching notes to help prepare for the lesson
- Provides links to additional experiments on the same topic