This Object Observation: Purpose on a Powder Horn? lesson plan also includes:
Young archeologists discover the significance of ordinary objects from the past in an interesting lesson on artifact analysis. The activity focuses on examining the image of a powder horn from the Revolutionary War to understand what it explains about the people who created the object. Scholars complete a worksheet, participate in group discussion, and create an image of a powder horn to further analyze its importance.
- Have learners research common items Revolutionary War soldiers carried
- Compare the powder horn to objects soldiers carry in the field today
- Activity is from Through Their Eyes: Major Causes and Events of the American Revolution Teacher Resource Guide
- Activity works for remote learning situations
- The resource is adaptable for elementary to secondary students