Should primary graders have their own computers? Should animals be kept in captivity? Young writers learn how to develop and support a claim in this short unit on persuasive writing.
57 Views 50 Downloads
- The lessons can be used on consecutive days or spread out over several weeks
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The packet includes a list of suggested topics, detailed plans for the entire writing process, and a list of persuasive texts that can be read during the immersion stage of the unit
- The immersion phase introduces young writers to the varitey of forms they can choose for their piece
- Some writers may need additional scaffolding for building their arguments and finding support