This "New American Characters" - Analyzing the Impact of Cultural Change in "The Great Gatsby" lesson plan also includes:
Learners annotate text from The Great Gatsby before working through a character development map. They then use text evidence in a final essay to describe the connection between central ideas and character development.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Study the 1920s era in history along with the unit
- Access to the complete lesson and materials requires a free account
- Designed for use after reading F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby
- Suggests an extension activity
- Incorporates pupil accountability using peer editing