This Naturalized Citizens and the Presidency lesson plan also includes:
Article II, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution takes center stage in a lesson that asks class members to assume the role of state senators, debate a resolution to amend the U. S. Constitution to permit naturalized citizens to run for president. After coming up with arguments for and against the resolution, individuals must decide whether or not to support the resolution.
- Have class members read and answer the questions that accompany the reading passages out of class in preparation for the role-playing activity
- Have groups investigate the controversy over President Obama's birth certificate
- Sixth in an 11-part series of resources designed to be used in order
- Requires class sets of the articles and two handouts
- The 11-page packet includes a step-by-step plan, articles that present background information about the constitution and about becoming naturalized citizens, and discussion questions