This Natural Selection: Common Misconceptions video also includes:
Overcoming pupil misconceptions is much harder than teaching a new topic. Anticipate misconceptions to avoid having to reteach and relearn by showing a lesson resource from the Good Thinking PD series that highlights common mistakes. A video demonstrates natural selection explanations and how individuals may make incorrect assumptions.
- Have learners record two examples of natural selection from the video and then research two of their own examples
- Create graphic organizers of common misconceptions linked to the correct explanation as notes
- Meant as a resource for teachers but would be appropriate for pupil viewing
- Includes an option for closed captioning to aid in note-taking
- Emphasizes key scientific vocabulary