This Natural Resources, and Human Uses of Plants and Animals lesson plan also includes:
As part of their study of the restoration projects on Santa Cruz Island, class members demonstrate their understanding of the connections among plant life, animals, and the actions of humans by crafting a model that reveals these interconnections.
- Have individuals investigate efforts to restore habitats in their own community or for another endangered species and craft a model that reveals the forces at play for this animal
- Class members need to have viewed the necessary video on the restoration efforts on Santa Cruz Island, which is available in the first lesson in the series
- The fifth in a series of seven related resources
- Includes a field trip activity designed for residents of Santa Barbara and Carpinteria, California
- No rubric is included for the model activity