This NASA's Eyes on the 2017 Eclipse interactive also includes:
- Non-Visual Support: NASA’s Eyes on the 2017 Eclipse
- Teacher Reference
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
How did the 2017 eclipse look in Los Angeles—or Chicago? Experience both views, plus many more, using a lesson from PBS's Space series for middle schoolers. Scholars follow the movements of the sun, moon, and Earth during the most recent solar eclipse and engage in discussion about their observations.
- Have the class choose the locations from which to view the eclipse to increase engagement
- Partner pupils to work together to compare similarities and differences in eclipse views from different locations
- Individuals need computers with Internet access to complete the activity
- View the eclipse from multiple locations from the comfort of the classroom!
- The resource incorporates geography and map-reading skills, making it an excellent choice for a cross-curricular activity