This Narratives as Theater: Esperanza Rising, from Novel to Script lesson plan also includes:
Calling all thespians! Working in small groups, pupils practice reading and performing a readers theater script for the novel Esperanza Rising. Next, they read aloud passages from the novel and use an anchor chart to compare the script to the novel.
- Have learners create an acrostic poem based on a character's name
- Lesson two of 12 from the Grade 5 ELA Module 1, Unit 3 series
- Requires copies of Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- Offers suggestions for differentiating instruction
- Includes helpful teaching notes