This My Treehouse lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
If you could build your own treehouse, what would it look like? Using a piece of contemporary art as inspiration, learners draw their own treehouses and add geometric and organic shapes. The lesson touches on Visual Thinking Strategies and primary and secondary colors as well.
- Add in a sculptural element, and allow some time for learners to build small treehouses with blocks or other materials
- Note that part of the Treehouse Kit installation is a video; however, students can only see an image of the work with the resources provided here
- Click around the tabs on the webpage to find a rubric, vocabulary, images to study, materials lists, and more
- Provides questions to ask during the discussion that will encourage pupils to talk about art