This Monitoring the Body's Reaction to Stress lesson plan also includes:
When stressed, do you prefer the fight or flight response? Scholars observe, measure, and identify the body's response to stress using a well-researched methodology. They learn about the autonomic nervous system, hormones, and more.
38 Views 37 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Discuss how students' bodies feel when stressed, (e.g. hot or cold, shaky or calm, etc.)
- Share research on handling stress and decreasing the negative health effects
- Carefully select the discussion topic so it doesn't cause additional stress
- Includes a great deal of background research
- Offers many extension ideas for those wishing to learn more