This Module 6: Modeling Periodic Behavior unit also includes:
Around and around we go ... again, and again, and again, and again! That's the nature of a periodic function. Young scholars learn how to model a periodic pattern with trigonometric functions. The nine-lesson unit explores the connection between right triangle trigonometry and graphing sine and cosine functions while including contextual situations.
- Incorporate technology such as graphing calculators or online applications to study the periodic functions
- Use introductory activities in collaborative groups to encourage discussion
- Expects proficiency in evaluating trigonometric expressions
- The complete module is the sixth of 10 Algebra II units
- Encourages higher order thinking skills
- Connects new learning to prior understanding