This Module 2: Logarithmic Functions unit plan also includes:
You can't build a fire with these logs! Filled with hands-on investigations, a complete logarithmic unit offers both instruction and practice. Learners first build an understanding of the new function, then explore properties before solving logarithmic and exponential equations. The module is the second in a complete Algebra II series.
- Introduce each of the five lessons with the exploration as an opener
- Use practice examples as board work for a quick understanding check
- Builds on pupils' previous work with exponential functions
- Uses discovery lessons in each section
- Includes both student handouts and worked-out solutions