This Mobilizing Children lesson plan also includes:
Scholars find out how the government used propaganda to mobilize children to help in the war effort. Lesson exercises include analyzing a quote from Franklin Roosevelt, viewing propaganda images and posters, and participating in a lively class discussion.
- Flip your class by assigning pupils to watch the Disney cartoon video as homework before class discussion the next day
- Provide English learners with a short summary or transcript after the initial class discussion
- Requires instructors to present images in some way, whether through projection or by printing handouts
- Helps individuals understand complicated concepts, such as the influence of propaganda on youth
- Uses a relatable company, Disney, that many pupils recognize
- Questions during class discussion require critical thinking skills