This Mindful Self-Management Exercise: Pausing the Action activity also includes:
A self-management exercise allows scholars to mindfully pause the action by identifying emotions and changing their thought processes. When pupils feel strongly about something, they imagine themselves as a remote they can pause to reflect and then press play to respond accordingly.
- Make copies of the remote page for pupils to keep as a reminder to pause the action
- Role-play a scenario to practice the exercise
- The second of eight resources about mindfulness
- The activity begins with a breathing exercise from the first resource in the series
- A poem aids in remembering each part of the remote
- The exercise ends with a reflection