This Migration of Early Humans: Evidence and Interpretations activity & project also includes:
While much of prehistory is cloaked in mystery, ancient ancestors left evidence in DNA, languages, and materials from their time. Using photographs of items such as cave paintings and ancient tools, as well as maps of linguistic patterns and DNA interpretation, young historians evaluate evidence for what it reveals about our ancestors. They also explore the limitations of the evidence, considering whether we can truly know our ancient past.
- Use the activity as a capstone for a unit on early humans
- Offer images for primary source analysis of archeological findings
- Learners need background on early human migrations
- Includes evidence from all over the globe
- Visuals are intriguing and appeal to a variety of learners