This Microassaults, Microinsults, and Microinvalidations instructional video also includes:
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Types of microaggressions are discussion in three short PBS videos: microassaults (overt intentional discrimination), microinsults, and microinvalidations. The terms are defined and examples are provided that illustrate each type of microaggression.
- After viewing the videos, distribute the handouts and have class members journal their responses, including examples from their own experience
- The videos need to be shown in order
- Presumes a protocol is in place to permit a safe, respectful discussion of sensitive issues
- Speakers provide examples from their own lives and express how the interchange made them feel