This Mendez v. Westminster and Delgado v. Bastrop ISD lesson plan also includes:
You arrive at school only to be told you have no place there. Scholars research the Supreme Court cases Mendez v. Westminster and Delgado v. Bastrop ISD, both dealing with school segregation. Two short video clips as well as small group work uncovers the similarities of the two cases and the impacts on Hispanic education in the United States.
- Extend the lesson with a short video interviewing one of the defendants in the Menedez v. Westminster case
- Debate the two cases on their similarities and differences with school segregation
- Requires audio and video technology if assigning the lesson as homework
- Video clips assist the visual learners in the class
- Detailed lesson plans make instruction easier