This Meet the Extractors, Harvesters, and Harnessers: Methods, Technology, Benefits and Consequences in Acquiring Natural Resources lesson plan also includes:
There are advantages and disadvantages to all sources of energy; the trick is determining which one has the least impact! Part six in the series of 12 has learners further explore energy resources. After reading information about one of seven different sources of energy, individuals give two-minute elevator speeches to their classmates. They then answer questions about resources and complete an assessment.
- Have scholars fill in an information sheet during the elevator speeches so they are learning as they listen
- There are seven resource cards, so you may need three to four sets for everyone to participate in class
- Assign the essay as homework if there is not enough time to complete in class
- The activity provides a plethora of resource links
- Peer teaching during the explore portion is always engaging and memorable for classes