This Measuring the Vitamin C Content of Foods and Fruit Juices lesson plan also includes:
Are you getting enough vitamin C? Young scientists determine the amount of vitamin C in fruit juice samples. They accomplish this task by adding DCPIP solution to the samples until the blue color of the DCPIP persists. Once this happens, they calibrate the data with a sample of vitamin C solution.
- Have each group test a different hypothesis and present their findings to the rest of the class
- Learners should have experience creating and testing hypotheses
- Experiment requires different fruit juice samples
- Provides a list of possible investigations
- Includes a student worksheet