This Measurement of Pressure and Temperature ppt also includes:
We all have standards and scientists are no exception. Presentation covers standard temperature, standard pressure, temperature conversions, and absolute zero. It explains pressure using pascals, mm of mercury, atmosphere, and torr, then goes on to describe temperature in both Celsius and Kelvin. The resource concludes with standard molar volume. There are four additional presentations following this one in the series.
- Have students build their own barometers
- Explain how air compressors work
- Assumes prior knowledge of Celsius scale and allows for prior knowledge of the Fahrenheit scale, but it is not required
- Introduces scientists such as Lord Kelvin and Evangelista Torricelli
- Uses clear and easy-to-read graphics and data tables
- Provides the presentation in multiple formats