This Math with Jake: Transposition Using Ratios video also includes:
The star of the show is ratios. The informative resource explains how to transpose music using ratios. Individuals transpose the song "Twinkle, Twinkle" in the activity by applying their ratio skills. The activity challenges class members to transpose the song up and down to different keys.
- Invite the music teacher to come talk about changing keys
- Provide a mini-lesson about frequencies measured in Hertz
- Pupils should be comfortable multiplying decimals
- One part of the Math at the Core: Ratios playlist
- Provides an answer key showing the transposed frequencies
- Includes a table that associates frequencies with musical notes