This Math with Jake: Frequencies and Pitch video also includes:
Be an octave above the rest. A musician explains how to write music in different time signatures. An interesting resource continues to demonstrate ratios using the pitch of musical notes and hertz. Pupils use a pitch table and determine the number of octaves between different musical notes.
- Use an oscilloscope to show a graph of sound waves
- It is beneficial to complete the resource, "Using Ratios in Music with Jake Shimabukuro," prior to starting the activity
- Part of the playlist called Math at the Core: Ratios
- Includes a suggestion for an extension
- Provides an alternative starting point if the class has not looked at time intervals yet