This Martin Luther King- Mini Biography video also includes:
Whether you're celebrating Black History Month or studying the civil rights movement, you'll definitely want to include this brief video in your lesson to introduce your pupils to the life and work of Martin Luther King Jr.
1 Collection 169 Views 111 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- This resource would make an excellent start to any lesson on Martin Luther King Jr., providing historical background and context information from which you can delve deeper into the subject
- As a reading comprehension assignment, have learners recall the significant accomplishments in King's life after concluding the video, as well as the trials and opposition he faced in his work
- While the video discusses several of King's speeches, it does not include any audio of the speeches themselves. You may want to consider following this video up with a primary source analysis assignment of King's "I Have a Dream" speech
- Incorporates variety of primary source photographs and video footage
- Includes excerpts of interviews discussing King's lasting impact on American society