This Making Evidence-Based Claims: "The Souls of Black Folk" by W.E.B. Du Bois unit also includes:
Scholars dig deep into the text of W.E.B. Du Bois The Souls of Black Folk and analyze his position that black people must be aware of how they see themselves as well as how the world sees them. The instructor and readers work through the process of creating evidence-based claims together using activities such as answering guided questions, pairing to discuss, and writing essays.
- Consider studying as part of Black History Month
- Use highlighters to track text evidence
- Discusses unequal treatment of African Americans, which may be a sensitive subject to some
- Outlines how to use the resources
- Offers instructional notes to enhance teaching