This Making Choices lesson plan also includes:
When choosing what foods to eat, there are a lot of factors to consider. To help make the decision a little easier, young learners work in small groups developing short plays, stories, or advertisements that address the different issues involved. Though designated to only take 50 minutes of class time, consider splitting the lesson plan up over two days, one for planning and one for presenting their performances. This cross-curricular lesson plan is a great way to raise student awareness about the foods they eat, helping them to develop healthy, conscientious eating habits.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a list of possible topics for students to address in their presentations
- Engages children with the opportunity to creatively demonstrate their learning
- Assumes children previously recieved instruction on the topics to consider when buying food
- Additional scaffolding is required to support students with creating their performances