This Make It Fit lesson plan also includes:
Of course, calculus can help you build the largest box possible. Scholars play a digital game to gain familiarity with situations where optimization would be appropriate. After gaining a solid conceptual understanding of optimization, groups try to find the box with the largest volume they can make from a sheet of paper.
- In a journal entry have the class research other uses of derivatives
- Instructors will need to contact the K20 Center for access to the game
- Pupils should have prior knowledge of derivatives and geometry formulas
- Provides an instructors guide for the game
- Includes worksheets and answer key