Make science come in loud and clear. Pupils learn about how a speaker works by building one. The scholars first learn about electromagnetic fields by building an electromagnet. Using that knowledge, they build a crude speaker using a paper cup, wire, and a ceramic magnet.
- Bring in an old speaker to disassemble to reveal its components
- Have the class determine methods to find the strength of the homemade electromagnets
- Requires working with electricity, which may be a safety concern
- Provides a suggestion on where to find ceramic magnets
- Includes links for further extensions