This Living on Your Own lesson plan also includes:
Independent living can be fun, but also overwhelming if you don't know how to budget your income and expenses. Go over the ways that kids can manage their money as they take a huge step into adulthood with a project-based lesson about renting an apartment.
- Use in the last few months of a high school economics class, as kids are preparing to move away from home
- Have kids create a mock budget for their future apartment, beyond moving in and furnishing
- A creative way to get kids thinking about their future
- Applicable to both special education and mainstream classes
- Comes with a list of extension activities and a quiz to assess understanding