Determine the dimensions of a rectangle knowing the perimeter. Pupils find a method to determine the length of a rectangle given the perimeter. The video shows how to solve the perimeter equation for the length. Scholars see how to use the new equation to find unknown lengths given values for the width.
- Present the problem and ask the class how they would attack it
- Walk through the process of solving multiple variable equations for one variable
- Requires scholars to be comfortable with solving two-step equations
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses color to highlight important information in the problem
- Shows each step of the solving process