This Lesson 3 - Consonant Digraphs lesson plan also includes:
Words such as witch, whack, and wish often cause beginning readers to struggle. The third installments in the Word Recognition and Fluency series of 17, covers consonant digraphs. Activities guide learners through the identification and pronunciation of common digraphs, and a script guides teachers as they introduce each component of the lesson plan.
- Display the words on a large screen or poster and use a pointer to emphasize each digraph
- Give a brief overview of each sound before getting into the lesson
- Print and cut out digraph cards before beginning the lessons
- Provides answer keys for worksheets
- Incorporates early reading skills, such as decoding