This Learning about Early Modern Era Empires lesson plan also includes:
You are a diplomat during the Age of Empire: prepare a briefing about your country. Young scholars take on the challenge using a role-play exercise to examine various empires during the rise of global interconnectedness. Materials include sample presentations, fact sheets, and worksheets to scaffold their investigations.
- Use country fact sheets to supplement other class materials on empires
- Offer the role-play activity to promote research skills
- First of seven lessons on empires in the Diplomacy Challenge unit
- Activities are easy to scaffold heavily or lightly for different learners
- Includes all resources but could be adapted to content in regular classroom curriculum