This King Lear Teacher Pack 2016 activity also includes:
- Reading Passage
- Join to access all included materials
Disguises, deceptions, destruction. Thankless children, wise fools, aging rulers, and knaves. The Royal Shakespeare Company's 2016 King Lear Teacher Pack provides instructors with a wealth of resources for a study of Shakespeare's famous tragedy. Whether new to using King Lear as part of your curriculum or a seasoned vet, you'll find much to like in the 18-page packet.
- Divide the class into groups, assign each a different film adaptation of the play to review; include classics like Kurosawa's Ran, or the films directed by Richard Eyre, Trevor Nunn, or Peter Brook, and lesser know adaptations like The Lears or King of Texas
- Given the focus on production values, the pack is most appropriate for theatre arts classes
- Requires access to either print copies of the play or multiple copies of several scenes
- Each of the eight activities includes detailed directions, notes from rehearsals, and discussion questions